Tuesday 3 April 2012

What a long strange trip it's been!

I have so much to say, I don't know where to begin.

Janna and I finally managed to get married after much effort. The ceremony was just the right length, important so people don't get restless. I tried to emphasize our equality throughout the ceremony and I think that ended up coming across to our audience. At the very least, I was happy with it. The only thing we really missed was our official wedding rings. We chose to get them custom made by a silver jeweler in Port Elliot. Since we still haven't even ordered them, there was no way to get them in time for the wedding. On the wedding day, I caught up with some long lost family from my fathers side. It added to the emotional charge of the day for me, and likely for them too.

Abrupt change of topic! Babby's 20 week ultrasound and blood tests found no issues. Unfortunately, this included the issue of sex! Babby had their legs closed in an awkward way and blocked the ultrasound from seeing. Janna and I were disappointed, so we decided to pay for a 3D ultrasound. Mostly to determine the sex but also to get some nice pictures. While in the ultrasound we had a good look at babby in both 2D and 3D, listened to Babby's heartbeat, and finally found that Babby appears to be a girl!

Finally got it out. Now I can call her Chianna, as I have been in real life. Since the ultrasound I have been bonding more and more with her. One particular time, I was hugging Janna's belly trying to hear Chianna, and I was kicked quite firmly in the head. It sounds silly saying it now but at the time I was excited and amazed. Janna says Chianna recognises my voice and kicks lots when she hears it.

On the depression front, things have been relatively ok for the most part, some nasty downs but usualy a fairly neutral mood. Janna suggested we try something new: each night I rate my day out of 10, 1 being suicidal thoughts and 10 being the opposite. It makes me think about my day so it is probably a good thing.

We also managed to get a home loan. Enough that we can live reasonably close to both our families. I'm loking forward to nesting, so much ao that I am trying to get into gardening in preparation for our future vegetable garden. So far, I am waiting for more seedlings to sprout. I will probably end up potting this winter's group but I am hoping to plant for summer in my very own land.

Seems my train is almost at my station, I will try to post some more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment