Tuesday 29 November 2011

6+1/2 Weeks and mood swings

So as the title suggests, Babby is now 6 weeks and 3 days old. According to a quick google search, Babby should be the size of a small bean, with little nubs for arms and legs, dark spots where eyes and nose are forming, and even fingers beginning to form. Sometime in the next few weeks we will be getting blood tests and another ultrasound to test for Downs Syndrome and Spina Bifida. Scary thoughts.

I understand if pregnant women get mood swings, their bodies are pumped full of pregnancy hormones and their bodies are changing at an alarming rate. What about men? My mood has been swinging between "weee, I'm having a baby" and "oh god, no... wtf am I going to do with a baby? I can't handle this shit". When I say swinging, I'm talking in the space of seconds, with each mood lasting as little as 3 minutes. Guess I'll bring it up with my counsellor and see what he says about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment